Monday, July 21, 2008

Anna overwhelmed...mommy and daddy whelmed just about the right amount

Well I think the whole process of getting moved in was pretty overwhelming for Anna (exciting for us).  The movers unpacked what they could (I didn't want them to unpack everything because I didn't have places for things.  Then Joan, Fred, and Tim Mudgett came over and helped us organize a few things.  My priority was Anna's room.  Which Joan and I were able to put together (with the help of Drew's assembly skills).  The only thing we have left to put together is Anna's swing, which will have to wait a few days until the living-room is sorted out.  Anyway, after all the excitement Anna seemed so stressed.  I was going to get her ready for bed and wrap up her evening.  There was so much going on however every time I tried to put her down, she slept for a couple minutes and woke right back up.  So I got onto the glider Denise had given me and just rocked her and held her for a long time as she furiously sucked her pacifier (and this is a baby who doesn't usually hold onto her pacifier very well.  Drew and I were very excited to have all kinds of excited to have all of our toys to play with.  Our only real disappointment was that our beloved sofa does not fit into the house.  Otherwise it was pretty smooth sailing!

2 comments:

  1. That stinks that you can't fit the sofa in. I am surprised that the movers couldn't do it. It is a pretty small sofa. Man, I would take it in a second as we need furniture! I'm glad that you have your things. It is probably a blessing that you just got them, it gave you time to rest and adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have your things now. How wonderful it is to see the photos now. Hope that you can find a way to get a sofa in your place. I am sure you are enjoying having your own things there now. Love and hugs, Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete