I realized this morning as I was paged to come into work at 3:40 am, that I am a VERY important person.
Now, I must admit it is nice since I work from home that I don't have much a commute but these are the things that I realized in the wee hours of the morning:
1) I am not a talk show host, but I get probably more applause than Oprah every day.
2) I am not a psychologist, but I can calm great fears with a simple hug.
3) I am not a doctor but I can stop pain of a head injury, fall, or cut with some simple first aid of TLC and if the situation calls for some serious medication, I know that sometimes a treat is in order.
4) I am not the President, but I can make a law immediately when required.
5) I am not a warrior, but I am pretty sure that if the situation called for it Icould defeat dragons or monsters without a problem.
6) I am not a comedian but, I can get my audience to laugh with simple jokes that most people probably wouldn't get.
7) I am not a great chef, but I can get a toddler to eat and eat well (which can be a great challenge for even the most seasoned of cooks!)
8) I am not a professional singer, but I can move a person to dance, calm down, and play games when I sing some simple songs.
9) I am not a professional teacher, but I have a full time student who learns new things 24 hours a day.
10) I am not a movie star, but I can't even go to the bathroom with a fan in tow.
11) I am not a great director, but I produce several movies a month.
12) I am not a great photographer, but I make sure to keep a camera close by so I am always ready for a photo shoot.
13) I am not a great athlete, but I run around all day long.
14) I am not a great bowler, but get an applause every time I roll the ball down the lane.
15) I am not a great inventor, but I created a whole person on the first try and she turned out to be a just wonderful.
16) I am not a hospital worker, but rain or shine sick or healthy I am essential personnel (even when I sleep)
I am trusted completely, loved unconditionally, inspired constantly, and needed always. What greater thing is there to be grateful for on this day of Thanksgiving than the gift of a child. Indeed, I am a VERY important person, because I am a Mommy.