Thursday, November 6, 2008

Its been a long time...

Well, sorry its been so long.   I have been supper busy!  But I figure with mom laid up I would write to give her something to read.  Well, and just to update everyone.

Here goes.  This week has been huge in our house!  Anna started sitting (propped on her arms, with occassionally sitting straight up) grabbing things, found her feet, and rolled over from her tummy to her back!  Who knew she would do everything at once.  She has been playing in her exersaucer, which I set up 2 weeks ago.  She took to it the first time she was in it and even though her feet don't reach the ground, she loves it!  We put something under them so she can stand on it while playing.  Who knows maybe that is what helped her gain some muscle strangth.  She also had her first bout of stranger anxiety.  And when I left her at grandma's house for my drawing class, she cried the whole time, she is really advanced, at least in her anxiety.  What can I say, I always got sick whenever my parents left!

We had our first dinner guest from the neighborhood.  Alice came over last night and we had our typical Mudgett suprise meal.  Which last night consisted of chicken, vegetables, coconut milk, and a little bit of spice.  It was great to have her over.  We ended up breaking out the wedding album to show her pictures of everyone we talked about.  She is great.  She really gets a kick out of Anna and Anna seems to really take to her.

Drew has been supper busy!  He is in a masters program at UMUC, he works fulltime on base, and is the ward clerk!  He still spends plenty of time with us though.  He is amazing!  He has been working on a midterm this week and still has made time for our dinner guest and tomorrow night we are going to someones house for dinner so he can fix their computer.  They called last night saying their internet was down.  Drew hates it when people are offline and said its a little late right now, how about tomorrow.  I don't think they meant for him to come right over, last time he fixed their computer they asked him and it had been broken for several weeks.  If he had known about it right away it would have been fixed in a jiffy!

We put our house on the market a few weeks ago.  Thanks to some very big help from the wheelers.  We have already had 13 people look at the place!  We had one with a second showing!  We are really praying it will sell quickly.  Please keep us in our prayers!

We went to the temple first time while since we have been here.  It is about 1.5 hours from here.  It is beautiful!  We did a child swap with a woman in our ward.  We went and she watched Anna, when we were done, we took her boys.  It worked out very well.  It was great to be there.

I have been really focused on getting the house clean and organized.  I realize I need to start baby proofing and it is making me a little nervous.  In a few months, Anna is going to moble and that is going to add some challenges to our life.  But, it should be pretty fun!

My sister is getting married!  We are very excited about it!  We are very happy for her and Cliff!  We hope that he likes us and that he doesn't get too overwhelmed meeting a lot of his new family on his wedding day, then spending Christmas with us.  I would feel a bit overwhelmed, in that situation, but we really arn't that scary, a bit neurotic, but I think we are pretty fun!

We went on our first official date, just the two of us, without Anna.  (we did have a mini date, without Anna when my folks were here, but really we were just taking Drew's brother to meet his friends).  This was a date when we went out to dinner, it was Drew's day off.  That was my gift to him.  I didn't have any chores that I needed help with, he finished his work early, and we spend the day as a family.  Then for dinner we went to a crepe restaurant, It was great!  Thanks Mudgetts, for watching Anna!

Speaking of the Mudgetts (Joan and Fred) they left yesturday on Holiday.  They went to the US.  The will going on a cruise!  A long time dream of Fred's.  They are going to be boarding on Sunday for a western carribean trip.  We hope they have a great time!

Thats all I have time for Anna just woke up and is calling me.  Hope everyone is doing well!  We are very glad the election is finally over, 2 years is way to long to have to listen to compaigning!

3 comments:

  1. It is so good to read about how you are doing. I have missed hearing about the three of you. Sounds like things are going super. Little Anna does sound like she is doing things very fast! She is such a cutie! Can't wait to see her in person. Drew does sound like he is so busy. Sounds like you are all thriving and enjoying being parents. Love and hugs, Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's feast or famine on your blog. Glad to see an update. I can only sit at the computer for a little while before my knee starts hurting. I, too, am glad the election is over - someone should create a law that the campaigning cannot start until 1 year before the election. Sounds like Anna is making lots of advances over the past little while. I guess we'll have to borrow a high chair when you all come to visit. Between Luke and Anna, the dining room will be awash with baby furniture! Hope Joan and Fred enjoy their cruise. It should be nice and relaxing for them, and I'm sure Joan will be planning some trips while they are at the various ports. I'd forgotten that Drew was taking courses again. Hope he gets some rest between work, school, and daddy duties. Looking forward to seeing everyone in December - Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I hope Fred and Joan don't have bad weather for their cruise. I saw a hurricane down there. Hope they have a wonderfull time. Glad you had a nice date.

    ReplyDelete