Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 3, Dan leaves, We head to York

So, Dan left early on this morning to fly back to Iraq.  We on the other hand headed to York, one of my favorite cities in all of England (at least of the cities I have been to).  Anyway, at first we had talked about taking a train but later decided to take our car, which was nice.  We got to York and walked around the town a bit.  We ate lunch at a place recommended by my neighbors which they refer to as "the baby restaurant" It has a play area and my oh my were there a lot of babies!  It was a cafeteria style place and if I had to do it over, it would not be a place I would take visitors, the food was ok, but not great.  That being said, it was in an old church that had been converted to sell food so the ambiance was kind of neat.

After lunch we walked a bit further and found the viking museam, after a quick stop at Starbucks so Anna could enjoy  her lunch, we headed to the museam.  She was ok at first but ended up not really liking the place.  I wasn't that impressed either, it seemed more like a ride at Disney than a Museam.  I would definitely say it wasn't worth the money, but my opinion might also be influenced by trying to calm an unhappy baby in a dark tunnel on a ride.  Not ideal.

After the Viking Museam we walked around town a bit more.  We found an open air market and I bought some strawberries and a few other things.  Then we walked a bit more.  My mom found a fudge shop and got some tasty fudge.  Then, we headed back home.

That night we got Thai food (take out) and ate at the house.  It gave Anna a breather.  She really was a trooper the whole trip, we certainly took her a lot of places for being so little!

No comments:

Post a Comment