Monday, May 14, 2012

Recent Adventures

Two posts in one day, crazy, I know.  The reason being, when I was preparing the pictures for my last post I saw some more that I wanted to put up.  

My first topic is going to be weather.  When I was younger one of the stereotypes I had about British people were that they always talk about weather.  After living over here for a while, I must say, that stereotype has not been dis-proven, at least among the people I know.  Anyway, I find myself talking about the weather frequently too.  The reason being is that at least lately, it has been quite crazy.  

An story to illustrate:
   
A few weeks ago the girls and I went over to Anna's friends house for a weekly play date we have with them.  This week my friend took us on a walk up to the farm across the road, who happens to be her landlord.  They have a little climbing frame up there that the kids like to climb on and that is also where they keep the lambs that need to be hand fed.

Here is Anna and her friends on the walk there, please note, the pretty nice weather.


They were came out to feed the lambs when we got there.  Anna was feeling hesitant, but Lizzie was not too shy:

 Anyway, it was nice and warm that day.  As in I was regretting bringing a jacket and I had even taken Lizzie's jacket off as she was so hot (note the sunglasses).  It was a nice day.

Then out of the blue (literally - it was a blue sky) This happened:


Please look right above my friends wedding ring.  What you may ask is she holding?  A piece of Hail.  Yep, a sunny warm day with a touch of hail!


New Story:  This one is more recently.  Last week it rained.  It rained a lot.  Yes I know this is England but it does not normally rain all the time, In fact, we had a drought this winter.  But, we certainly are not in a drought now.  Exhibit A:


This is the bottom of our cul-de-sac.  Now, We ventured out partially for fun and partially to help the people who have a house at the bottom of the mini river which flowed down our street.  This is what we thought was pouring into our neighbors house, but we were glad to find that the puddle ended where we were.  There were large drains pulling the water down very quickly and still there was a huge puddle.  It was raining that hard and fast.  In fact, if Drew had come home from work 10 minutes later, it would have taken him a long long time to get home as they closed the road he needs to travel on to get home!

Here is what our back garden looked like :


When we went inside, Anna took off her book and then dumped water out of it!  We stopped her before she dumped the second one for a quick video:



Second topic:  Anna's swimming.

Anna has been doing fabulous with her swimming lately.  A few months ago, we got her a pair of goggles and it was the confidence boost she needed.  She started going under water and doing all kinds of great stuff.  In fact, she graduated from being in 'Raintots' to the 'red class'   Here are a few pictures of some of her last lessons in Raintots:




This was the last class Anna and I attended together the end of an Era!



Not afraid to go under the water with goggles.  


Now here is her first day in the red class.  We are two happy and excited girls!



Now, the excitement was a bit short lived in this instance as then the realization that I would not be in the water with her hit and she was very nervous.  However, she still went in, she wanted nothing to do with her teacher (I wonder if the fact that her teacher is a man instead of a woman contributed) but she still went in as long as I stood right by the side of the pool and motivated her with promises of rewards.  She earned herself extra shows and treats for the whole week!  Check her out!




Finally, here are a couple of pictures I just like.  

Anna put a clear box over Lizzie, who happily stayed inside for like 20 minutes:




Here are my girls when they both were on the potty at the same time, it rarely happens, so I thought it was funny.  Strange to put up, but, I think its funny!




This was huge, Anna drew a picture with a face for the first time!  Very exciting!


Lizzie's new favorite place and a family photo thanks to reflections!


 Lizzie Loves thawed blueberries


Anna on her brand new bike for the first time with present baby in tow.

 Our sheep friends are back!  We rushed out to give them a concert!


Finally, hot of the presses our new family banner!  Go Team Mudgett!

1 comment:

  1. Great post enjoyed it. Way to go Mudgets. You all look so good wish we could be closer. Love Dad. sorry this was done from Stephs computer.

    ReplyDelete